Monday 16 May 2011

Invasion of the babies 2011

Maybe I just never noticed it before.  Here I am, knocked up, nauseous, with a complete aversion to my usual coping mechanisms (aka ice cream and chocolate - I know Oprah has something to say about that) and I just seem to be seeing pregnancy and babies EVERYWHERE!  Were they always so OUT THERE?!  This coming from a former fag hag - if you don't know, that means I used to hang out with a lot of gay men all the time - and I never noticed gay men more than usual... Although I did have a superb gay-dar.
I digress.  I'm watching TV, and on a commercial for Parenthood, a guy pulls out of the trash... a positive Clear Blue Easy stick, which I now know all too well.  On Facebook, it seems as though friend after friend after acquaintance is either pregnant, just had a baby, or congratulating a friend / relative for being pregnant / having a baby. REALLY?
Hell, I'm even just driving around, running errands, minding my own business and there's a billboard with a pregnant woman, I pass a baby diaper van, and see a woman in the mall just whip out the boob for a little baby afternoon snack.  WTF?!
I'll hide from the invading babies.  Turn on TLC, maybe watch Say Yes to the Dress - dammit, pregnant bride.  Switch to National Geographic - The Dog Whisperer.  Crap, dog's jealous of new baby.  Food Network!  Watch one of many cupcake shows and... they're doing a baby shower.  This is getting ridiculous.
I know. I'll be a good girlfriend and sit here and watch hockey playoffs with my boyfriend.  All good - a couple fights, some goals, then the break when Don Cherry and Ron McLean congratulate a hockey player who's wife just had a baby that morning.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHH They're everywhere!
Even my beloved Grey's Anatomy has TWO separate baby story lines.  I'd start watching UFC but then with my luck, Georges St Pierre will become embroiled in a paternity scandal.  
I guess I'm gonna have to train myself to a new coping mechanism - teeny little oranges anyone?

2 comments:

  1. It's like invasion of the body snatches, except in a whole different way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I meant body snatchers!!! Hahahahah!

    ReplyDelete