Saturday 18 June 2011

Drug sniffing pregnant women

I'll clarify right off the bat - I don't mean to have pregnant women become crackheads.  I am referring more to the pregnant "Superman" smell... the fact that my boyfriend can walk in the house and, even though he's 15 feet away, I can smell the single beer he just drank.  Or a friend mentioning how good a pizza smelled at a restaurant, only to have her husband look around for the "amazing" pizza to see that it was served 4 tables away!
I know that personally, the super smell has it's benefits and it's problems - I cannot stand the smell of meat cooking, cheap cologne, and don't even get me started on pot smoke... which brings me to my new theory...
Picture this - you go to the airport, and there's no drug sniffing dogs around... but there's a dozen pregnant women, walking around, looking like they're about to jet off somewhere fabulous...  SUDDENLY - one of the women points to an apparent business man and out of nowhere, airport police swarm from the rafters and take down the guy, opening his luggage and revealing a hidden stash of drugs!  These are the new drug sniffing police pregnant women!
You see, pregnant women start getting forgetful, our backs hurt, we don't fit into our pretty clothes, and forget about out beloved high heel collection...  This is a way that we can give back to society, use our new 9-months of super powers for good instead of just the increased sale of anti-nausea products.  In exchange, we would only ask for simple things - perhaps a massage chair, regular foot rubs and pedicures, endless supplies of preventative stretch mark creams, membership to a Haagen Dazs of the month club, the occasional plane ticket somewhere relaxing with a spa, and of course, some new fabulous maternity clothes that don't make us feel like a whale!
All in all, it's a win-win - think of all the money you'd save on training those drug sniffing doggies and just looking on my Facebook, there seems to be no shortage of preggers.

So I'm waiting... when do I get my first pint of ice cream and trip to Hawaii?

No comments:

Post a Comment